Software, Hardware and AI Combine to Transform the Way Teams Work – Previously accessible via Google, NEC and other strategic partners, Huddly GO is now generally available.
December 15, 2017, Norway – Today Huddly, the creator of easy-to-use video collaboration technology, announces its Huddly GO, the world’s smallest and smartest collaboration camera, is now available for direct purchase. Transforming any space into a high-quality dynamic conference room, the compact, ultra-wide angle, software-based Huddly GO gives teams an unmatched plug-and-play experience straight out of the box.
Huddly also announces the close of a $10M Series C funding round, in part spurred by the explosive demand for the GO as part of Google’s new Hangouts Meet hardware kit. The latest round, led by collaboration industry veteran and Huddly Chairman Graham Williams, values the company at $68 million. The investment was also available to Huddly employees for the first time, with several participating.
Huddly is changing the way people work.
“Gone are the days of an entire team sitting together in a conference room. Today’s workforce is lean, remote, and global. At the same time, with cloud technology, we are more interconnected than ever,” said Jonas Rinde, CEO of Huddly. “The most innovative teams thrive with flexibility and the ability to collaborate from anywhere at anytime. Companies of all sizes must adapt to global teams, emerging platforms and a distributed workforce.”
Enter Huddly GO, a brand new kind of collaboration camera that combines advanced software, with Scandinavian-designed hardware and AI to create something truly unique in the market.
The Huddly GO:
- Improves and Evolves: Most technology gets old fast, the software-first Huddly GO stays fresh with frequent updates released through the Huddly Vision software platform, upgradable with a single click.
- Makes for the Best Meetings; Evolves the Way Teams Evolve: Computer vision and machine learning help the Huddly GO understand and automatically adjust to the number of people in the room, the lighting and noise volume. GO is the first camera in the world capable of providing multiple streams to the back-end, providing opportunities for engineers and developers to create new features to enhance the experience.
- Brings the Whole Room (and Team) to the Table: The GO’s 4k Ultra-HD 120° wide-angle lens (vs. the traditional 90°) captures everyone and everything in the room, transforming an individual laptop and any room into a high-quality conference suite. Alternately, for tight focus on a specific area of interest, the Huddly GO delivers with a combination of very dense image sensors and digital pan-tilt-zoom.
- Delivers Crystal Clear Video: Sub-par image quality and low-resolution cameras make participants look unprofessional and leave out or blur important presentation details. Huddly GO’s 16 Megapixel sensor captures a ton of visual data in high detail, resulting in unmatched image quality. The embedded Huddly Vision software autocorrects in real-time color, perspective and lighting.
- Looks Beautiful: The sleek, fits-in-your-pocket, Scandinavian-designed GO can easily mount anywhere, so teammates are free to collaborate wherever, whenever.
Huddly GO is available today through resellers: https://www.huddly.com/buy-now, and beginning next week on Amazon.com for customers in the U.S. for $499 excluding tax. Huddly has distributors on all continents except Antarctica.
Images, videos, product specs and more can be found here.
Huddly builds flexible, inclusive and easy-to-use technology for modern collaboration that evolves with team dynamics and needs. Huddly’s technology helps teams collaborate, combining powerful software with Scandinavian-designed hardware to make the world’s smallest, smartest, easiest and most affordable video collaboration cameras.
Founded in 2013, Huddly is headquartered in Oslo and has offices in Palo Alto, Austin and London. For more information, visit: http://www.huddly.com