Video Communications Leader Brings Greater Flexibility and Agility to Customers with New Features
June 13, 2017, San Jose, CA – Zoom Video Communications, the leading provider of enterprise video and web communications technology, today announced several enhancements to its offering designed to give its customers greater flexibility and agility. The company announced the Zoom One-Tap Connector for Cisco, its single-touch integration with Cisco video systems, and expanded default meeting capacity from 50 to 100 video participants. It also announced that Zoom Rooms, Zoom’s software-based conference room system, will now support the Crestron Mercury Room Solution. The company made the announcements from the Infocomm 2017 tradeshow this week in Orlando.
Zoom One-Tap Connector for Cisco
Cisco customers can now host Zoom video meetings from traditional Cisco conference room systems with one tap. This tight integration allows for a supremely simple experience. Key benefits include:
- Single touch to start or join the Zoom meeting from the Cisco touch screen (no complicated pairing codes),
- Native integration with Cisco C series, SX series, DX series (running CE software), and MX Series — no additional hardware or controller required, and
- Meet with internal and external participants on any device — mobile, desktop, and other conference room systems — with HD video, audio, wireless screen sharing, and calendar integrations.
This feature is now available for the Cisco systems listed above, and expands on the previously-announced one-tap connector for some Polycom room systems.
Expanded Default Meeting Capacity
Zoom has expanded its default meeting capacity from 50 to support up to 100 video participants. This increased capacity applies to all Zoom Basic (Free), Pro, and Business users, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Video Webinar video panelists (webinars also support up to 10,000 viewers). There is no extra cost associated with these capacity increases. The expanded capacity is now live for all customers.
Support for Crestron
Mercury Crestron Mercury, widely recognized for its superior audio conferencing quality, is the newest controller supported by Zoom Rooms. The integration fully incorporates Mercury’s simplified user experience, providing these key benefits:
- Native integration allows the user to start a Zoom Rooms meeting with a single touch to the Creston Mercury screen — no additional hardware required,
- The ability to share HD video, audio, and wireless screens with internal and external participants on any device — mobile, desktop, and other conference room systems, and
- Zoom Rooms meetings can fully leverage the Mercury’s cluster of four built-in microphones and speaker that provides automatic mic mixing, automatic gain control, and dynamic noise reduction.
Zoom’s support for the Crestron System is the first step in what the companies envision as a long-term partnership to foster greater integration across the Crestron and Zoom product suites. The solution will be available to customers soon.
“Zoom is all about customer happiness,” said Eric S. Yuan, Founder and CEO of Zoom. “Why did we increase our default meeting capacity? Why did we enhance the integration experience with hardware providers? Because we want to provide our customers with the most powerful, flexible, and frictionless video meeting experiences. We want them to meet however they want over Zoom, without having to worry about their capacity or hardware. In short, we want to make them happy!”
See the new features in action: Visit Zoom’s booth #1719 or Crestron’s booth #1900 at Infocomm 2017, June 14-16, in Orlando, Florida.
Zoom makes video and web conferencing frictionless. Founded in 2011, Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with a secure, easy platform for video and audio conferencing, messaging, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used in executive offices, classrooms, and board, conference, huddle, and training rooms around the world. Zoom helps over 600,000 businesses and organizations bring their teams together to get more done. Zoom is a private company headquartered in San Jose, CA. Visit zoom.us or follow @zoom_us.
Audrey Webb for Zoom