Cohesive Underlying Platform Tightly Integrates 8×8 Virtual Office and Virtual Contact Center Users, Further Simplifying IT Administration While Enabling All Employees to Easily Collaborate and Share Communications Capabilities
January 21, 2015, San Jose, CA – 8×8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT), a provider of cloud-based unified communications and contact center solutions, today announced the availability of a cohesive, tightly integrated cloud communications solution that amalgamates telephony, unified communications (UC) and contact center users across the enterprise with single sign on and shared presence over a common underlying platform.
With the integrated 8×8 Virtual Office and Virtual Contact Center solution, CIOs can free up additional IT resources to focus on core business objectives by not having to manage disparate telephony and contact center services. Call center agents benefit from having ready access to company experts outside of the call center and non call center employees can now easily reach the call center using common presence information and click to dial just as they would for anyone on the 8×8 UC service.
“By integrating core business telephony and contact center functionality onto a single cloud-based platform with single sign on and shared presence, 8×8 has not only simplified the communications infrastructure that burdens so many businesses today, it has enhanced the value businesses derive from its solution set by providing a path to improved customer engagement,” said Keith Dawson, Practice Leader, Customer Engagement at Ovum. “The ability for a call center agent to tap into the company’s expertise when interacting with customers can have a dramatic effect on first call resolution and overall customer satisfaction.”
The 8×8 Virtual Office/Virtual Contact Center solution offers:
- Shared Presence – Agents have visibility into the status of anyone within the company to handle customer issues in real-time. Any UC user in the company can also see the agent’s status and reach out to the agent once they have the information that is being requested. All corporate and contact center directories are integrated.
- Single Sign-On – Allows all users to sign on a single time and have access across all appropriate tools for system administration of the call center, the UC service as well as for agent desktops, meetings, switchboards and mobile clients.
- Extension-to-Extension Dialing – On-net, extension-to-extension, click-to-call dialing and call transfers/processing between contact center users and any other users in the enterprise organization, regardless of location or endpoint.
- Call Center Agent Hardware Endpoints – Agents who regularly use a non-soft phone solution as part of their agent duties (such as a remote IP phone) can make this device part of the contact center call flows and reporting analytics.
- Streamlined Administration – The breadth of system functionality combined with the simplicity of cloud based communications tools significantly reduces the amount of time required to manage the service.
“8×8 is committed to developing and delivering communications solutions that enable our customers to grow and be successful,” said 8×8 CEO Vik Verma. “The elimination of the gap between traditional contact center agents and regular employees will result in better customer service and improved productivity by enabling all employees within a business to interact with a customer in real time.”
Mr. Verma continued, “This latest product release shows how 8×8 is innovating in the cloud communications space. The combination of these historically separate components will enable us to launch new features and capabilities that are not available in solutions that treat these technologies as separate, distinct platforms.”
8×8 will begin roll out of the new platform to existing customers prior to the end of the first calendar quarter.
About 8×8, Inc.
8×8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT) is the trusted provider of secure and reliable cloud-based unified communications and virtual contact center solutions to more than 40,000 businesses operating in over 40 countries across six continents. 8×8’s out-of-the-box cloud solutions replace traditional on-premises PBX hardware and software-based systems with a flexible and scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) alternative, encompassing cloud business phone service, contact center solutions, and conferencing. For additional information, visit www.8×8.com, or www.8×8.com/UK or connect with 8×8 on Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.