With the new Lifesize Icon 450 system, effortless video collaboration for huddle rooms is now a reality
October 12, 2016, Austin, TX – Lifesize®, a global innovator of video conferencing technology, today announced a breakthrough solution to address the problem of extending video collaboration to huddle rooms everywhere. The new Lifesize® Icon 450™ HD camera and phone system, paired with the Lifesize cloud-based video communication platform, creates the easiest yet most powerful meeting experience for these essential meeting spaces.
Huddle rooms are becoming ubiquitous in today’s office environments, but these rooms’ dimensions often make it difficult for video conferencing cameras to put everyone in the picture. Lifesize has improved the camera design to address the specific nature and challenges of these spaces. The Icon 450’s smart-framing sensor intelligently adjusts its sharp, wide-angle camera lens to automatically capture and include everyone in the picture. With Lifesize’s cloud-based conferencing application, the camera’s advanced and market-leading technology creates an effortless collaboration hub that’s simple for end users to use and easy for IT administrators to support.
The strength of Lifesize’s offering goes well beyond its hardware.
The plug-and-play Icon 450 is powered by Lifesize’s cloud-based conferencing service and guarantees users a seamless, high-quality meeting experience. Leveraging Lifesize’s enterprise-ready interoperability, the combination of the Icon 450 and cloud-based application can automatically launch meetings from Microsoft® Office 365® or Google Apps for Work™, conference with Skype for Business users and connect employees and guests from their phones or internet browsers — all with a single touch of the Lifesize® Phone™ HD, a meeting room command central for audio, video and web conferencing. The combined Lifesize® Cloud and hardware offering also gives users a unified, consistent communication experience across platforms and devices to simplify the user experience. For the IT administrator behind the scenes, this means less time spent on deployment, training and management, resulting in a significantly lower cost of ownership.
It’s an IT pro’s dream come true.
“For most businesses the conference room is still the central point of meetings and team collaboration, so the ability to effectively connect users to the conference room is critical,” says Craig Malloy, CEO of Lifesize. “For more than a decade, Lifesize has been a pioneer in crafting revolutionary video communication technology that allows both end users and IT administrators to spend more time on productive work and less time on troubleshooting. The Lifesize Icon 450 combines our rich history in conferencing devices with our powerful cloud-based service to provide a seamless video communication experience for users in today’s most popular conferencing location — the huddle room. This is truly a mark of our unique value proposition among video conferencing providers.”
Lifesize Icon 450 includes:
- A smart-framing sensor that automatically adjusts the camera to center everyone in the room. Manual camera controls allow users to customize the position when appropriate.
- A sharp, wide-angle lens that offers an 82-degree horizontal field of view and a 59-degree vertical field of view — perfect for any huddle room.
- A holistic conferencing experience: With Lifesize Icon 450, Lifesize Phone HD and Lifesize Cloud, users have access to directory-based calling, one-on-one and group calls and chat, instant and scheduled meetings and high-definition recording and sharing.
- 24/7 Extreme Support from Lifesize’s award-winning customer success and support team.*
The Lifesize Icon 450, as well as the full series of Lifesize Icon cameras, benefit from recent updates to Lifesize’s cloud-based conferencing application, including:
- Calendar integration: With an on-screen view of meeting calendars and one click to join, Lifesize Cloud’s new calendar integration with the Lifesize meeting room systems allows Lifesize customers* – using Microsoft® Office 365® or Google Apps for Work™ calendar service – to walk into a conference room, view their scheduled meetings and join with one click to get a meeting started right away.
- Simplified scheduling: A new invitation process allows users to easily invite participants to call them or join a virtual meeting room from the desktop, mobile or web-based application. Users can send an invite as an email, schedule it as a calendar meeting or copy and share the meeting’s URL.
- Easier calling from the Lifesize Web App: From a Google Chrome™ or Internet Explorer® 11 browser, invited guest users simply enter their names to start a meeting on the Lifesize web app. Users are also able to adjust video and audio levels — and even set them to be remembered for future use.
Pricing and Availability
- Lifesize Icon 450 is available today, starting at $4,999.
(Package includes HD camera system, Lifesize Phone HD, Lifesize remote control and cables)
The Lifesize Cloud subscriptions start as low as $29 per month per user based on an annual contract.
- For more information about Lifesize, please visit www.lifesize.com
- Experience Lifesize Cloud with the free 14-day Lifesize Cloud trial
- Like Lifesize on Facebook: facebook.com/lifesizeHD
- Follow @lifesizeHD on Twitter
- Join other customers for collaboration, advocacy and insights at community.lifesize.com
* Available to Enterprise plan customers and certain Premium plan customers
At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other. Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize and the Lifesize logo are trademarks of Lifesize, Inc. and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.