CyberLink Launches VideoMeeting+ Beta, Adds Freedom and Flexibility to Video Conferencing With Mobile Camera Stream
New add-on for popular video meeting applications provides users with enhanced presentation and collaboration tools
February 25, 2016 Taipei, Taiwan – CyberLink Corp. today launched the public beta of VideoMeeting+, a new tool that adds substantial functionality to popular video conferencing applications like Skype or WebEx. Users can improve their online meetings by adding a flexible separate feed from their mobile devices, greatly expanding their ability to present visuals and communicate. The beta release is available for free download today.
As the increasing popularity of remote work and telepresence continues to drive growth of video conferencing options, the need for greater freedom and additional presentation features has also grown more apparent. VideoMeeting+ fills this need with the seamless addition of a mobile camera stream, video quality enhancement, and the ability to capture still images from video to apply skew correction and annotations.
“Traditional video conferencing provides a great way to connect people who are working from different locations, but typically limits the meeting environment to a single, stationary web camera,” said Dr. Jau Huang, Chairman and CEO of CyberLink. “VideoMeeting+ provides a solution to this problem with the ability to add a second camera simultaneously from a mobile device. Users can stand up, walk around, and point their smartphone at whatever they want to display, creating a much more dynamic and productive online meeting.”
Key Features of VideoMeeting+
- Enhanced Flexibility—Add freedom and flexibility to your meetings by turning your phone into a second web camera.
- Show whiteboards, demos and more with a mobile camera feed
- Augment discussions by sharing your computer desktop
- Capture still images and correct skew for clearer presentation
- Improved Visuals — Improve your ability to get ideas across to your audience with advanced presentation tools.
- Add visual enhancements to enhance appearance and surroundings
- Annotate content to highlight important points and documents
- Get more from your meeting by recording content for later review
- Simple Integration — Make it easier to perform simple actions from the VideoMeeting+ menu bar.
- Integrate with popular video meeting applications like Skype or WebEx with a few clicks
- Activate mobile camera feed instantly with a simple QR code scan
- Access recording, enhancements and more with a single click
The VideoMeeting+ open beta is now available at the CyberLink website for free download. The software runs on recent versions of Windows and users need to download a free companion app to their mobile device (available for iOS and Android). OEM partners interested in learning more about VideoMeeting+, please contact email@example.com.
CyberLink (5203.TW) is a world leader in multimedia software design. Since 1996, CyberLink has transformed how people enjoy and create media on PCs, mobile devices and in the Cloud. The company’s award-winning products are sold to all major PC manufacturers as well as millions of customers worldwide. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, CyberLink also runs regional operations through offices in the US, Japan, Europe and Asia-Pacific territories. Further information about CyberLink can be found at cyberlink.com.
Chloe Wu, +886-2-8667-1298, ext. 1124
Hiroyuki Imazawa, +81-3-5875-6650
Allie Tedone, +1 (646) 571-0120
Volker Maxisch, +31-43-306-0797
Laëtitia D’Urso, +33-(0)1 79 30 90 39
Volker Maxisch, +31-43-306-0797