Logitech’s product development and positioning prove difficult for competitors to match
Sept. 15, 2015, Mountainview, CA – Based on its recent analysis of the video conferencing endpoints market, Frost & Sullivan recognizes Logitech with the 2015 North American Frost & Sullivan Award for Product Line Strategy Leadership. Logitech’s ConferenceCam portfolio caters to a variety of end-user needs in small- and mid-size meeting environments.
Logitech began rolling out ConferenceCam products in 2012 and has introduced a product to the portfolio each year. The endpoints all possess impressive functionality and have the following attributes in common: 1080p HD video resolution, pan tilt and zoom (PTZ) cameras with autofocus, wideband audio, H.264 support as well as embedded and remote controls.
Currently, the ConferenceCam portfolio consists of:
- The ConferenceCam BCC950 for private and home offices and huddle rooms. This all-in-one tabletop unit offers a camera that can be mounted directly into the base unit or on top of a slim extender post. Its design and features are ergonomically correct for desktops and small conference tables.
- Also an all-in-one device, ConferenceCam Connect is designed for portability and easy connection. It supports Bluetooth®connectivity and near field communication (NFC) pairing from mobile devices. The PTZ camera on top of the speakerphone rests on an internal suspension system to reduce vibration—a unique feature in the market.
- The ConferenceCam CC3000e is comparable to high-end alternatives without the high cost. It offers a 20-foot omni-directional audio experience in a standalone speakerphone with LCD, console controls and dockable remote control. The PTZ mountable camera features 10x lossless zoom with 90-degree field of view.
“As the ConferenceCam product line incorporates industry standard protocols, it can be tightly integrated with third-party products and services,” said Frost & Sullivan Principal Analyst Robert Arnold. “This approach has allowed the company to launch the Logitech Collaboration Program, which helps differentiate, enhance and add value to third-party products and services integrated with ConferenceCam endpoints.”
Logitech offers customers several additional value propositions. When deploying its products, customers do not have to make big capital investments or rip and replace their existing infrastructure. Instead, they can repurpose their current endpoints for larger spaces and deploy ConferenceCams in smaller meeting spaces. Logitech’s video collaboration products are compatible or certified with a wide variety of leading video conference applications and services including Blue Jeans, BroadSoft, C2G, Cisco, Lifesize, Skype, Skype for Business, Vidyo and Zoom.
“The design diversity, uniqueness and functionality of the ConferenceCam portfolio highlight Logitech’s attention to details. Yet, its high-value features are available at affordable prices,” noted Arnold. “Overall, its feature sets, quality and price points position Logitech to help customers transform their traditional meeting environments into collaboration spaces.”
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has developed a comprehensive product line that caters to the breadth of the market it serves. The award recognizes the extent to which the product line meets customer base demands, the overall impact it has in terms of customer value as well as increased market share.
“Logitech has earned recognition for product line strategy leadership by demonstrating the most insight into the product needs and demands of its customers,” said Frost & Sullivan Global President & Managing Partner Krishna Srinivasan. “Logitech has optimized its product line to best serve the price, performance, and feature points required in the Business Video Conferencing Endpoints market.”
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today’s market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
P: 210. 247.3870