GENBAND to offer Samsung developers free access to Kandy platform, which includes advanced voice, video, chat, screen sharing and collaboration capabilities
November 11, 2014, San Francisco, CA – GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, today announced that it will demonstrate its recently launched Kandy Platform-as-a-Service at the Samsung Developer Conference (SDC) in San Francisco, November 11-13. Kandy, a disruptive real time communications software development platform built from GENBAND’s global telecommunications network and security technologies, allows developers to easily embed a full suite of voice, video, chat, screen sharing and collaboration capabilities into their existing business, web and mobile applications.
“With Kandy, developers anywhere can tap into our entire suite of APIs, SDKs and Quick Starts without the need to go through extensive development, integration and business cycles,” said Paul Pluschkell, Executive Vice President of Strategy and Cloud Services for GENBAND and Kandy Founder. “During the SDC, we will showcase a secure mobile collaboration suite for enterprises using Samsung KNOX, which includes global calling support for 200 countries, SMS, video, group conferencing and multi-platform support from any Samsung KNOX supported device.”
Several companies have already demonstrated various use cases for Kandy including SAP, IBM Connections, Tech Mahindra, Bloomfire, InfoStreet and VIZICOM.
- GENBAND Kandy provides APIs, SDKs and Quick Starts for an entire portfolio of real time communications capabilities. From call control to video conferencing and message transcription, the comprehensive GENBAND technology suite is available for developer access.
- Developers are encouraged to visit Kandy.io, register and start using the development toolkit for free.
- In addition to APIs for specific communication capabilities, developers have access to previously or pre-packaged turnkey Quick Start applications such as a Concierge button.
- The recent Kandy Webinar provides a detailed overview of the platform.
- Download the Kandy Webinar presentation.
- View short Kandy demonstration videos including collaboration, concierge, multi-party video and how to create a virtual business assistant to see the true power of Kandy.
See GENBAND’s Kandy in action at booth number405.
Watch this short video for an introduction to Kandy.
GENBAND’s Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a real time software development platform, built from GENBAND’s core communications, presence, security and real-time technologies. Kandy enables service providers, enterprises, software vendors, systems integrators, partners and developers to enrich their applications and services with real time contextual communications, providing a more engaging user experience. With Kandy companies of all sizes and types can quickly integrate real time communications capabilities into their existing applications and business processes. For more information visit kandy.io.
FROM THE CORE TO THE EDGE TO THE EXPERIENCE™, GENBAND is a global leader in smart networking solutions for service providers and enterprises in over 80 countries. The company’s technology improves IP networks by making them more scalable, secure, profitable and efficient. GENBAND’s market-leading technology supports multimedia voice, data and video sessions and fixed-mobile unified communications applications that scale on public and private networks. With a flexible, cloud-ready platform, GENBAND’s IMS, edge and application solutions help its customers compete effectively by increasing revenues, improving profitability, and attracting and retaining customers. To learn more, visit us on the web at www.GENBAND.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon and Kandy are trademarks of GENBAND.