ORLANDO, June 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — LG Electronics USA today unveiled an all-new Full HD Video Wall display with the world’s slimmest bezel to bezel design – 1.8 millimeters. Introduced at InfoComm 2015, which starts here today, the VH7B Direct Backlit LED Display is redefining the video wall category with its unprecedented thin bezel, and features distinct new innovations that address the largest issues video wall customers face today.
Available in the United States this fall in 49- and 55-inch class sizes (48.5- and 54.6-inches measured diagonally), the VH7B is the first video wall display to feature an unprecedented bezel-to-bezel measurement of about 1/16th of an inch, allowing displays to be connected seamlessly with others. This creates a powerful, impactful video wall that becomes less a collection of panels and more a cohesive, continuous image for a much more engaging, immersive viewer experience. LG’s included software allows the displays to be arranged in up to a 15 x 15 matrix, while installation options become nearly limitless when married with third-party hardware/software signage solutions.
The image is unrivaled when combined with the significant improvements LG achieved in maintaining the brightness uniformity across the screens, keeping the edges as bright as the center. To address the challenges of matching color and brightness across all panels, LG has incorporated factory calibration and efficient calibration tools that allow integrators to achieve an optimal image within 3-5 minutes per panel.
“LG is yet again raising the bar for video displays with the launch of the VH7B,” said Clark Brown, digital signage vice president for LG Electronics USA. “Our commitment to delivering innovations for better business, such as this exciting new product, communicates loud and clear that LG is the only partner customers should be considering for their display solutions.”
The groundbreaking video wall display features LG’s “webOS for Signage” smart platform, which takes advantage of the built-in high-performance system-on-a-chip (SoC) that eliminates the need for an external media player, helping to reduce the total cost of ownership. LG’s webOS for Signage enables a variety of web-based applications across multiple platforms, as well as the ability to write applications using HTML 5. The new VH7B series also includes several new features and improvements in design, including its light weigh (20KG) and slim depth (87mm), to allow for easier installation and maintenance of the product.
In addition to the new VH7B video wall, LG’s 2015 InfoComm booth (#1529) features interactive demonstrations of a range of key LG products and solutions, including the benefits of its In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel technology. IPS panels minimize image distortion at wide angles and provide high picture quality that offers original image color matching. Most importantly, IPS panels create a viewing experience that is watchable at virtually any angle.
Solutions for a Breadth of Applications
At InfoComm 2015, LG is exhibiting a wide array of cutting-edge solutions, including new Ultra HD monitors, pro-grade digital signage and outdoor displays – all designed to deliver exceptional picture quality and energy efficiency.
- Ultra HD Signage Displays. LG’s new UH5B 4K Ultra HD Display series leads the company’s 2015 commercial-grade Ultra HD digital signage lineup, delivering superior 3840 X 2160 resolution in a 16:9 aspect ratio. These giant edge-lit LED displays offer an attractive alternative to traditional tiled video walls. The new UH5B is available in three screen sizes, ranging from 49- to 65-inch class size (49.0- to 64.53-inches diagonally), and features a sleek, industrial design, a slim depth of 38.6 mm and a bezel width (at its thinnest point) of 11.9 mm. The new series also features conformal coating, a clear, non-conductive coating that is applied to the circuit boards to help protect the internal circuits from harsh environmental factors such as dust, humidity and grease, prevalent in QSR settings and transportation stations. The display is equipped with built in Wi-Fi and LG’s webOS for Signage platform, which allows software developers to install and run their software in a more simplified solution. Using LG’s Software Development Kit, integrators can construct their own ideal customized signage solution for their clients.
- Digital Signage Monitors. LG’s SM5B series with webOS for Signage redefines digital signage, with a narrow bezel width, flexible content management features, and lower energy consumption. The new SM5B series is available in five screen sizes, ranging from 32- to 65-inch class (32.55- to 64.53-inches diagonally), and possesses a bezel width of just 11.9 mm, as well as conformal coating. LG’s new series offers the ability to control the signage monitors and distribute content through Wi-Fi by providing two USB ports, one for a USB dongle control and one for content distribution. The display is also equipped with LG’s webOS for Signage platform for content management and development. The series supports third-party device management through Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) standards, allowing businesses to receive notifications and control the monitors remotely. The series also includes upgraded features, including a detachable logo and cable management for a clean and flawless installation in either portrait or landscape mode.
- Outdoor Signage Monitors. The 55-inch class (54.64-inches diagonally) LG XS2B Outdoor Display features technologies that make it a well-suited solution for delivering messages in outdoor spaces. LG’s In Plane Switching (IPS) panel technology helps ensure accurate color saturation and contrast at wide-angle viewing. LG’s unique display technology also provides a temperature tolerance of up to 230° Fahrenheit (110° Celsius), which helps alleviate a common problem of screens overheating, affecting picture quality. Even in direct sunlight, LG’s outdoor signage monitors are virtually free of blackening defects, thanks to IPS technology. Unlike conventional panels, the XS2B features LG’s Shine Out™ technology, which is designed to deflect ambient light, helping to avoid color wash out or lackluster images. Shine Out and the display’s brightness level of 2,500 cd/m2, combine to produce content that looks great even in environments with abundant natural light. Building on this feature, the LCD display employs full LED backlighting technology, helping it produce exceptional Full HD 1080p picture quality and ensuring content is relayed crisply.
- Full HD Displays. LG’s LS75A Full HD Displays with webOS for Signage feature a slim bezel that measures 7.4mm, contributing to a sleek and stylish design. Each model also comes with Wi-Fi connectivity and Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) compatibility. Viewing is available in either landscape or portrait, and the 49-inch class (49.0-inches diagonally) and 55-inch class (54.64-inches diagonally) LS75A series models feature conformal coating and IP5X Dust-Proof certification, which provides protection against contaminants and dust for better performance and less heat generation. The display allows for simple content development and management thanks to the webOS for Signage platform, and is also equipped with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows the TV to automatically configure a self-diagnosis to check the screen status with a pixel sensor. These features were designed to shorten integration time, reduce maintenance of the displays and allow business owners to focus on what is important for them, their customers.
EcoSmart Features, Flexible Options
LG Full HD LED signage displays are ENERGY STAR® certified and incorporate LG’s EcoSmart features, which allows for multiple manual and automatic options for energy conservation, providing an ideal solution for corporate and lodging environments looking to save on energy costs. EcoSmart includes the following energy saving features:
- Dynamic Power Savings, which reduces power consumption and optimizes picture settings,
- Static Power Savings, which allows the installer to set the preferred power consumption level, and
- Intelligent Sensor, which allows integrators to program the display to respond to the ambient light in the room and automatically reduce brightness and energy output under most circumstances.
Further demonstrating LG’s commitment to energy savings and efficiency, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency named LG 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award, the program’s highest distinction. LG also earned the 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Climate Communications Award for its exemplary efforts to raise awareness about energy conservation to help fight climate change.
Visitors to LG’s booth at InfoComm 2015 (#1529, June 17-19, Orange County Convention Center) will be able to experience the full range of displays.
About LG Electronics USA
The LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business division serves customers in the U.S. digital signage, systems integration, lodging and hospitality, healthcare, education, government and industrial markets. Based in Lincolnshire, Ill., with its dedicated engineering and customer support team, LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business delivers business-to-business technology solutions tailored to the particular needs of business environments. LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $56 billion global force in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. For more information, please visit www.LGSolutions.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.