Lifesize Cloud Upgrades Include Web Conferencing Mode for Content and Voice-Only Meetings, Saving Customers Money and Hassle by Making Subscription to Other Services Redundant
September 16, 2015, Austin, TX – Lifesize, a division of Logitech (NASDAQ:LOGI) (SIX:LOGN), today announced the new Lifesize Cloud Web App, a fully-featured calling platform for anyone using Google Chrome™. The WebRTC-powered offering redefines web conferencing by providing access to Lifesize Cloud’s robust, collaborative environment – including HD video, chat and screen sharing for all – without requiring any software downloads. The Lifesize Cloud Web App is available for the Chrome browser today, with the capability expanding to other browsers, including Internet Explorer® and Firefox®, in the near future.
“However, until now video collaboration tools haven’t met the needs of the growing number of organizations migrating to cloud-based apps. CIOs can now scale video – and empower employees to freely reach all internal and external stakeholders – without increasing complexity or demands on infrastructure and support.”
In addition, Lifesize Cloud now offers a voice- and content-only web conferencing mode, which will help companies save money by making subscriptions to web conferencing services redundant. This move also simplifies the user experience – letting people connect and share their entire screen for collaboration with up to 40 participants – without having to open a new application.
“The implications of WebRTC are profound. By 2019, there will be more than six billion devices supporting WebRTC, and Frost & Sullivan recently predicted that it will be one of the most disruptive trends in the enterprise telecommunications industry,” said Craig Malloy, Lifesize founder and CEO. “However, until now video collaboration tools haven’t met the needs of the growing number of organizations migrating to cloud-based apps. CIOs can now scale video – and empower employees to freely reach all internal and external stakeholders – without increasing complexity or demands on infrastructure and support.”
The Lifesize Cloud Web App will:
- Support enterprise-wide IT policies and bring video conferencing functionality to the masses without the use of proprietary technologies. This is in response to many companies’ IT initiatives – which are moving to the cloud and limiting or prohibiting applications on employees’ computers – while others are standardizing on Chromebook™ notebooks, making it nearly impossible to install applications.
- Enhance employees’ productivity and efficiency. Beginning with single sign-on, business users can use the Lifesize Cloud Web App for video, audio, content sharing and chat, without disrupting their workflow.
- Improve online education. In May 2015, Gartner, Inc. released a report, “Education Is the Primary Opportunity for Chromebooks,” which estimated that the education sector comprised 72 percent of Chromebook sales in 2014; from primary grades through university, Chromebooks are becoming the norm. The Lifesize Cloud Web App reduces the need for proprietary solutions and complex setups for teachers and students, making it easier to keep in touch with one student, a group or an entire class, as well as tutor and run flipped classes.
- Experience Lifesize Cloud with the free 14-day Lifesize Cloud trial
- Explore the “Eight Challenges Solved by Video Conferencing Guide”
- Like Lifesize on Facebook: facebook.com/lifesizeHD
- Follow @lifesizeHD on Twitter
- Join other customers for collaboration, advocacy and insights at community.lifesize.com
Lifesize delivers video conferencing that’s as easy, as lifelike and as remarkable as meeting in person. Founded in 2003 and acquired by Logitech in 2009, Lifesize continues to reinvent the video conferencing industry. From delivering the world’s first high definition video conference in 2005 to introducing the first cloud video conferencing solution and Icon family to provide a Connected Experience across devices and meeting rooms, Lifesize addresses organizations’ demand for high quality and reliable video that is affordable and simple to use. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize, the Lifesize logo, Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are trademarks of Logitech and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Jenna Finn, 415-249-6777