Communications Service Providers Can Quickly Offer Secure and Enterprise-Grade Communications Including Click-to-Call, Video Calling, and Screen Sharing
December 02, 2014, Redwood Shores, CA – As enterprises move to all-IP networks and cloud-based applications, communications service providers (CSPs) — facing increased competition from over-the-top providers delivering content via the Internet and independently of CSPs — must be able to offer seamless cloud-based communication and collaboration solutions that can scale for small, midsize, and large enterprises, as well as public sector organizations, in order to keep and grow market share. The latest version of Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite gives CSPs the capability to do just that. In addition, its integration with Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller enables CSPs to quickly and easily add integrated real-time and near real-time capabilities to their menu of secure, enterprise-grade services.
- Oracle today announced Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7.6 to enable CSPs to increase their market opportunity, effectively target customers, and drive loyalty with a comprehensive range of unified communications and collaboration offerings.
- To help CSPs generate new revenue streams and compete more effectively, the secure and scalable Oracle solution builds on its existing messaging, chat, calendar, and contact management capabilities with:
- Out-of-the-box integration with Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller, enabling high-value, real-time services such as one-on-one and multiparty audio and video calling, conferencing, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)/public switched telephone network (PSTN) interoperability, session transfer from audio to web, and screen sharing
- Multitenant architecture and provisioning, allowing CSPs to deliver differentiated services at scale, while helping to optimize network resource utilization and ultimately to raise profit margins
- CardDav-enabled contact service, giving users secure access to their contacts regardless of their location or the device they are using
- By bringing these new capabilities together, CSPs can create a nearly seamless user experience for customers, reducing application toggling and maintaining context across various modes of communication such as e-mail, instant messaging, text messaging, and more.
- “Communications service providers must offer compelling services if they want to regain control of the communications experience,” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications. “Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite provides CSPs with a cloud-ready solution that can enable them to expand their brand equity and generate revenue, all by using existing network resources to deliver an integrated set of collaboration and communication tools to enterprises of any size.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite
- Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller
- Connect with Oracle Communications on Diigo, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle ORCL, -1.19% visit oracle.com.
Trademark Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
O’Keeffe & Company