September 14, 2014, Dubai, UAE – Polycom, Inc., the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), has announced its participation in the 34th edition of GITEX Technology week which will be held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre from 12-16 October 2014.
At this year’s show, Polycom will be showcasing its latest portfolio of video and voice collaboration solutions that will create the collaborative workplace for the SMBs, education and healthcare sectors. In addition, live demonstrations of Polycom® RealPresence® Immersive Studio™, will be held on the stand. This new offering from Polycom is the next evolution in immersive video experiences and provides a specially designed environment where every detail is perfected to create an excellent visual, audio and collaboration experience.
Polycom will be exhibiting in partnership with its regional distributor FVC, one of the leading providers of world-class conferencing solutions in the Middle East and North Africa.
Ramy Alam, Regional Sales Director, Gulf, Polycom said: “Technology is becoming an omnipresent part of our lives in the UAE and this has given rise to a generation of ‘always-connected’ technology natives. Flexible working provides the opportunity for employees to find a work-life balance that fits their day-to-day routine. In line with this trend, Polycom will be showcasing its new video and voice collaboration solutions that enable organisations to create collaborative workplaces with invisible innovation.”
“GITEX Technology Week serves as the best platform to demonstrate our strengths in open, standards-based voice, video and content collaboration solutions. These solutions are engineered to create a dynamic collaborative workplace, which can cater to the needs of changing business environments. It also gives Polycom the opportunity to connect with the best minds within the ICT industry in the region and we look forward to another successful year at this event,” he added.
Dharmendra Parmar, General Manager-Marketing at FVC said: “Collaboration is becoming a very important business tool these days, and for us at FVC, our partnership with Polycom and its solutions have played a crucial role in the growing adoption of unified communications in the region. We are excited to be part of the launch of another new solution from Polycom – RealPresence Immersive Studio – and will be hosting this in our Executive Briefing Centre for our partners and customers after Gitex.”
Key products that will be showcased at this year’s show include:
- Polycom® RealPresence® Utility Cart which allows public sector organizations to deliver video collaboration capabilities to any environment and any facility where it’s needed.
- Polycom® RealPresence® EduCart™ which delivers video collaboration into any classroom, lecture hall or conference room.
- Polycom® Eagle Eye™ Director which delivers an affordable and personalised telepresence experience in group meetings by emulating professional video production techniques. The result is direct, intimate communication, and more productive meetings with no remote control or user intervention required.
- Polycom® SmartPairing™ technology which makes it simple to use your own tablet to start and manage video calls.
- Polycom® RealPresence® One which delivers a comprehensive offering that combines the complete RealPresence Platform with software endpoints and optimized services.
- Polycom®CX8000 for Microsoft Lync which is a dedicated room collaboration solution, purpose-built for Lync 2013 to deliver exceptional visual collaboration capabilities.
- Polycom® CX5500 Unified Conference Station which deliver a 360-degree video camera experience, 1080p active speaker tracking with Microsoft® Lync™2013 and astounding voice quality and clarity.
GITEX, in its 34th successive year, is acknowledged as one of the most prominent ICT events around the globe. The event has constantly evolved to meet the needs of the market through the introduction of new thought-provoking sessions and the presentation of next generation technologies. It focuses on providing exhibitors with high return on investment through direct business opportunities and has maintained its position as ‘The Industry’s Trend Setting Authority’. GITEX connects over 3,500 domestic and international ICT vendors with more than 136,000 industry professionals.
Visitors and participants may visit the Polycom stand at Zabeel Hall Booth: Z – G12. To schedule a media meeting with Polycom at GITEX Technology Week 2013 please contact Andre Rivera or Tarek Kiwan.
Andre Rivera, Edelman
+971 50 613 6261
Tarek Kiwan, Edelman
+971 50 621 4264
Polycom is the global leader in open standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) solutions for voice and video collaboration, trusted by more than 415,000 customers around the world. Polycom solutions are powered by the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform, comprehensive software infrastructure and rich APIs that interoperate with the broadest set of communication, business, mobile and cloud applications and devices to deliver secure face-to-face video collaboration in any environment. Polycom and its ecosystem of over 7,000 partners provide truly unified communications solutions that deliver the best user experience, highest multi-vendor interoperability, and lowest TCO. Visit www.polycom.com.uk or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to learn how we’re pushing the greatness of human collaboration forward.