Industry’s first digital workplace platform to offer web application co-browsing among teams
June 14, 2017, Orlando, FL – (InfoComm Booth #2575) Prysm, Inc., announced today new functionality for its digital workplace platform. The offering will support enterprises looking to execute on new revenue opportunities and save money in productivity through collaboration agility regardless of location, device or individual employee application preferences. Today’s release demonstrates Prysm’s commitment to providing its customers with innovative collaboration technology that drives employee efficiency and productivity.
The new features include:
- Co-browsing – allows all Prysm participants accessing content via an approved mobile device to view and interact with web content. Prysm is the first to offer web application co-browsing among teams, enabling all users to make edits while empowering the content owner to monitor permissions and even view content in a secure manner. Co-browsing brings web-based applications to Prysm workspaces via the mobile interface for the first time, further building out Prysm’s virtual meeting room offering in bringing meeting content to any device at any time by enhancing the collaboration experience for both in-room and remote participants.
- Quick Start with video conference integration – enables employees to access Prysm’s digital workplace platform without logging in to provide an instant start to meetings. It brings together content and advanced video conferencing into a single experience, including rooms equipped with advanced video conferencing solutions that are underutilized due to their complexity and lack of interoperability. Quick Start integration with video conferencing is expected to be generally available in fall 2017. It will integrate with existing video conference codecs from Cisco, Polycom, and Logitech, among others, as well as unified communications solutions like Skype for Business to maximize current technology investments and offer key improvements to the meeting experience. These improvements make many use cases possible, such as:
- A user can quickly place and control the basic call settings of a video conference call using the Prysm on-screen experience with no need for extra wires or hardware in the room.
- Participants can be alerted to an incoming call, with options to accept or decline to easily join an existing meeting.
- Users can share mobile device content or Prysm sketchboard content with call participants.
- Prysm’s new mobile user interface (UI) – makes the mobile experience of the Prysm digital workplace platform faster, simpler and more personalized. The new UI provides additional search and browsing capabilities to easily access and navigate through projects and preview workspace content. Prysm tools, including sticky notes and annotations, were also updated. In addition, the solution now provides other impactful experiences, such as notifying a user of other participants in a project space for quick meeting start and team interaction.
Prysm also announced today an early preview of the Prysm API.
“The current challenges our customers are looking to overcome will stretch the workforce like never before. Therefore our customers require software solutions that ensure that all work styles and preferences are met. But not all technology is created equal, and enterprises need solutions that do not limit productivity,” said Paige O’Neill, CMO, Prysm. “Our new features help teams work together more effectively and solve new collaboration challenges – no matter their size or scope.”
Co-browsing, Quick Start with video conferencing integration and Prysm’s new mobile UI will be available for preview and demonstration at InfoComm in the Prysm booth. Other show demos include:
- Third-party hardware compatibility: The company will demonstrate its hardware-agnostic software on Microsoft Surface Hub, Avocor and Planar displays.
- Prysm API: Prysm will be showing two custom-built applications based on an early preview of the Prysm API, including one for brainstorming and ideation sessions and another for user training and enablement.
- Collaboration use cases: Prysm will also be highlighting use-case demos, including project management, everyday meetings, brainstorming and ideation, command center/network operations center, dashboards/reporting, presentation and experience, and research.
- Partner booth demonstrations: Planar (booth #3200) is demonstrating Prysm on both an LCD display and LED video wall in their booth.
A sleek new Urben enclosure for the Prysm 190 solution will also be showcased in the Prysm booth.
Prysm’s speaking sessions at the InfoComm Center Stage
- Thursday, June 15, 11 a.m. ET: Employee Experience: The New Competitive Advantage
- Thursday, June 15, 3 p.m. ET: Panel Session: We ARE Saving Lives Here – How the Future of Healthcare Depends on AV Technology
- Friday, June 16, 11:30 a.m. ET: Six Realities Disrupting the Workplace
The company will also be posting live updates on the Prysm blog throughout the show at http://www.prysm.com/blog/InfoComm2017. For additional updates from Prysm at InfoComm 2017, follow the company on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Prysm is a leading provider of cloud-based, digital workplace solutions to many of the world’s largest global enterprises. The Prysm digital workplace platform drives a new era of digital transformation and enterprise agility. By enabling individuals and teams to explore all their data, content, applications and tools on hyper-visual, always-on digital canvases, Prysm ignites innovative thinking, drives decisions, accelerates productivity and transforms presentations into experiences. Customers using Prysm benefit from an open, enterprise-grade solution that integrates with existing collaboration tools and scales to hundreds or thousands of users, while meeting advanced security requirements.
Founded in 2005 in the Silicon Valley, Prysm has nearly 500 employees with offices worldwide. Learn more at prysm.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Director of Communications
SOURCE Prysm, Inc.