Sonus’ End-to-End Portfolio of Session Border Controllers Has Completed Interoperability Testing with BroadSoft’s BroadWorks
For Immediate Release: October 13, 2014
- Integrated, fully-tested solutions from Sonus and BroadSoft® accelerate deployment of secure, hosted Cloud-based communication services by decreasing installation challenges.
- BroadSoft’s service provider customers now have access to a complete portfolio of hardware and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), scaling from low session count densities serving enterprise branch offices, to the industry’s highest density requirements to serve large service provider core infrastructures.
- Sonus’ full SBC portfolio—inclusive of the Sonus SBC 1000, Sonus SBC 2000, Sonus SBC 5110, Sonus SBC 5210, Sonus SBC 7000 and Sonus SBC SWe (Software edition) Session Border Controllers—has completed interoperability testing with BroadSoft’s BroadWorks®.
- BroadSoft is deploying Sonus SBCs for access and peering as part of its BroadCloud managed services offer, giving BroadSoft the flexibility to deploy the SBCs virtually or as appliances, as well as the ability to easily scale with business growth.
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, today announced that its complete portfolio of Session Border Controllers (SBCs) has completed interoperability testing with BroadSoft’s BroadWorks, and that BroadSoft is deploying Sonus SBCs as part of its BroadCloud managed service.
Sonus and BroadSoft are delivering a pre-integrated solution to accelerate the delivery of hosted, Cloud-based communication services based on a powerful, scalable, shared Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) architecture. Together, this solution enables service providers to confidently accelerate deployment models to offer a robust suite of hosted multimedia and Unified Communications (UC) services—such as voice, video calling and conferencing, web conferencing, instant messaging (IM) and presence—to enterprise SIP trunking customers from their own network or via the Cloud.
Sonus enables and secures real-time communications with a broad portfolio of SBCs, inclusive of the Sonus SBC 1000, Sonus SBC 2000, Sonus SBC 5110, Sonus SBC 5210, Sonus SBC 7000 and the Sonus SBC SWe (Software edition). The ability to choose a hardware or software SBC from a single vendor now gives BroadWorks service provider customers the flexibility to select a deployment model that best aligns with their business needs. In addition, BroadCloud customers now have access to the security and performance benefits of using a Sonus SBC.
For large enterprises with multiple locations, the joint Sonus and BroadSoft solution is a proven, scalable platform that can deliver UC and applications through a service provider’s hosted Cloud environment. The combined offer features consistent service delivery and user experience across multiple locations and devices, simplified self-provisioning of services, audio transcoding and video interworking with SIP-based enterprise systems, including all major IP-PBXs. The Sonus and BroadSoft solution also allows service providers offering SIP trunking services to small and medium businesses (SMBs) to utilize SIP infrastructure to additionally sell hosted Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and UC services.
“Interoperability with Sonus’ SBC portfolio enables BroadWorks service provider customers to accelerate delivery of modern communication services as a result of simplified network support,” said Scott Hoffpauir, chief technology officer, BroadSoft. “Sonus SBCs also match the critical scalability and network efficiency requirements BroadSoft demands for BroadCloud managed services.”
“In today’s market, speed of deployment and time-to-revenue are critical success factors as service providers seek to leverage the move toward virtualization and Cloud technologies to create and monetize new services and capabilities,” said Kevin Riley, vice president of engineering and chief technology officer, Sonus. “BroadSoft and Sonus are giving customers access to a fully-tested, integrated SBC portfolio that simplifies network support while delivering new revenue opportunities through Cloud-based Unified Communications.”
- Sonus’ SBCs have received wide industry recognition, including the Gold Award in the Product Line of the Year category of the Best in Biz Awards 2014 EMEA, the 2014 Unified Communications Product of the Year and 2014 Excellence in SDN award.
- Sonus was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers,” published October 21, 2013 by Gartner, Inc.
- Click here to download electronic copies of Sonus’ industry-leading reference guides: SIP Trunking for Dummies, Session Border Controllers for Dummies and WebRTC for Dummies.
- View complete information about the Sonus SBC portfolio at www.sonus.net.
Sonus Networks, SONS, real-time communications, Session Border Controller, SBC, Cloud, BroadSoft, BSFT, BroadWorks, BroadCloud
About Sonus Networks:
Sonus enables and secures real-time communications so the world’s leading service providers and enterprises can embrace the next generation of SIP and 4G/LTE solutions including VoIP, video, instant messaging and online collaboration. With customers in nearly 100 countries and nearly two decades of experience, Sonus offers a complete portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), policy/routing servers and media and signaling gateways. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of Sonus’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.