Zoom Updates Cloud Meeting Service With Version 3.0 That Includes Group Messaging, ZoomPresence on MacOS/iOS, and Screen Sharing of Any iPad/iPhone App
August 14, 2014, Santa Clara, CA – Gartner “Cool Vendor” Zoom (www.zoom.us), the cloud meeting company, today continues its innovations for real-time collaboration by delivering Version 3.0 (V3.0) that unifies business messaging and meetings while reducing customer’s total cost of ownership by over 80 percent compared to current solutions. Zoom is the first cloud meeting service that unifies group messaging, cloud video conferencing and online meetings into one easy-to-use platform.
Among V3.0’s new features:
- Send group texts, images and push-to-talk messages via desktops, tablets and mobile devices.
- One click to escalate group messaging to a group meeting for up to 100 video participants.
ZoomPresence for Conference Rooms
- First three-screen conference room system that runs on MacOS and iOS.
- Integrates with Google and Outlook calendars.
- Best-in-class features and affordability. (See https://zoom.us/zoompresenceisbetter.)
Most Advanced Mobile Collaboration
- First to screen-share any iPad/iPhone app with remote participants.
- First to screen-share Android photos and Web content with remote participants.
- Host and attendee co-annotations during screen-sharing
- Video webinar supports 25 video panelists and streams to 1,000 attendees.
- Global audio-conferencing adds toll-free and Call-Me.
- Personal vanity URL — choose your own virtual meeting room name.
- Google Chrome Extension and Outlook Plugin to easily schedule meetings.
- Broader admin management and host meeting controls.
Surpassing 600 million meeting minutes, Zoom has pioneered the category of cloud meetings that unify group messaging, cloud video conferencing and online meetings.
“Zoom is introducing V3.0 based on feedback from over 20,000 businesses and 20 million participants using our service,” said Eric S. Yuan, founder and CEO of Zoom. “V3.0 meets the needs of global businesses for communications and collaboration at a dramatically lower cost.”
“Business users are finding that a unified and intuitive cloud meeting solution like Zoom is invaluable to enable easy collaboration across desktops, mobile devices and conference rooms,” according to Roopam Jain, Industry Director, Conferencing and Collaboration at Frost&Sullivan. “Like several customers, we have used Zoom extensively and are seeing the productivity benefits from these innovations.”
“Simplicity, quality and affordability are critical when it comes to propelling business face-to-face collaboration,” according to Rich Costello, Senior Research Analyst, Unified Communications, IDC. “We continue to be impressed with Zoom’s innovation in the conferencing marketplace and are excited about the introduction of ZoomPresence to help foster easy collaboration among distributed offices.”
“One of the cooler features is ZoomPresence’s control methodology with the iPad,” said David Maldow, CEO & founder of Let’s Do Video. “Zoom really tried to keep a Jobs-esque aesthetic to the control layout and workflow, as if they want to create the Apple video conferencing room system that Apple never got around to creating.”
Existing Zoom customers can upgrade now at no additional cost. New customers can sign up for a free basic account at https://zoom.us/signup or purchase a pro/business account for $9.99 per month at https://zoom.us/pricing.
Zoom, the cloud meeting company, unifies group messaging, cloud video conferencing and simple online meetings into one easy-to-use platform. Our solution offers the best video, audio and screen-sharing experience across ZoomPresence, Windows PC, Mac, iOS, Android, telephone and H.323/SIP room systems. Zoom is a privately held company headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. For more information, visit zoom.us or follow us @zoom_us.