Company Introduces Several Product Innovations, Receives Numerous Awards
August 08, 2017, San Jose, CA – Zoom Video Communications came rocketing out of the gate at the start of 2017 by announcing Zoom 4.0, a $100M funding round from Sequoia, and a $1 billion valuation — and it continues to deliver more successes and happiness to its customers. The leading provider of enterprise cloud video communications technology today announced that year-over-year its revenue has grown 150 percent and it has had a 100 percent increase in its customer base. Some of Zoom’s other impressive recent accomplishments include:
- Hosting over 20 billion annualized meeting minutes (up from 6.9B last year),
- Growing its customer base to more than 700,000 businesses and 6,900 educational institutions, including 50 percent of the Fortune 50 and 90 percent of the top 200 U.S. universities,
- Extending its reach by opening U.K. and Sydney offices, as well as more international data centers,
- Introducing new features and enhancements to its platform, including Zoom Rooms Scheduling Display, Zoom for Telehealth, and an increased default capacity of 100 participants,
- Securing large-scale deployments from customers such as 21st Century Fox, Stanford University, Pandora, and Cornell University,
- Expanding its customers’ options by establishing partnerships with Polycom and Crestron, as well as optimizing its integration with Cisco video endpoints, and
- Announcing Zoomtopia, the first Zoom user conference, to be held Sept. 26 in San Mateo, CA.
“From the moment we founded Zoom, our main focus has been to provide a cloud video communications solution that would make customers happy. That focus has continued to guide all our innovations, partnerships, and other initiatives,” said Eric S. Yuan, CEO and founder of Zoom. “The fantastic growth we’re experiencing and the many industry accolades we’ve received can all be attributed to having satisfied customers that enjoy using our platform. I’m delighted with our growth and grateful for our awards, but I believe our biggest accomplishment is creating a culture of happiness at Zoom.”
Zoom’s impressive growth and innovative technology introductions have captured industry attention, netting the company a steady stream of accolades, including:
- Ranking 18th on the prestigious Forbes Cloud 100 List (up from 84th last year),
- Scoring 4.8 out of 5-star rating on Gartner Peer Insights,
- Maintaining an industry-leading Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 69,
- Designation as a G2 Crowd Leader and earning a 4.5 out of 5 rating on G2 Crowd,
- Earning an 8.9 out of 10 rating on TrustRadius software reviews,
- Earning a customer satisfaction rating of 96 percent*, and
- Being named a TMC.Net 2017 Communications Solutions Product of the Year.
“Zoom’s recent accolades are well deserved. The company’s cloud-centric platform is cost effective and easy to use, and takes much of the friction out of hosting and joining video conferencing sessions, conducting webinars, and enabling B2B messaging,” said Ira M. Weinstein, Senior Analyst and Partner at Wainhouse Research. “Despite its ongoing success, the company continues to innovate and improve, releasing new features and capabilities at an impressive pace. For these reasons, Zoom’s exceptional growth is not surprising to me.”
Zoom makes video and web conferencing frictionless. Founded in 2011, Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with a secure, easy cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, messaging, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Zoom helps over 700,000 businesses and organizations bring their teams together to get more done. Zoom is a private company headquartered in San Jose, CA. Visit zoom.us and follow @zoom_us.
*Based on Wootric surveys of more than 7,000 customers in 2017.
Audrey Webb for Zoom