Radisys’ MPX-12000 delivers scalable and reliable HD media processing for Zoom’s cloud-based video conferencing service
October 09, 2014, Hillsboro, OR – Radisys® Corporation RSYS, +2.79% a market leader enabling wireless infrastructure solutions, today announced the deployment of its MPX-12000 Broadband Media Resource Function (MRF) by Zoom Video Communications (https://zoom.us), the cloud meeting company.
The MPX-12000 delivers scalable HD media processing to enable Zoom’s cloud based audio and video conferencing service. The Radisys solution improved Zoom’s audio conference quality, while delivering the reliability required for cloud services and scalability for future growth.
Cloud-based HD video conferencing requires exceptional audio conference quality for which the MPX-12000 is renowned. After evaluation of competing solutions in the market, Zoom selected Radisys’ MPX-12000 for deployment in its Santa Clara, California and New York, New York data centers due to its rich feature set, proven reliability and compelling economics.
“Our company is dedicated to providing high quality cloud collaboration services that are flexible, bullet proof and easy to consume,” said Eric S. Yuan, chief executive officer and founder, Zoom. “Our team was very familiar with Radisys’ leadership in VoIP conferencing having used them in prior solutions, and we knew they were well equipped to address our needs. By integrating Radisys’ MPX-12000 into our cloud infrastructure, Zoom is able to deliver significantly improved HD multi-media conferencing experiences for our customers.”
The MPX-12000 standards-based interfaces enabled rapid integration into Zoom’s existing cloud-based video and web conferencing application. The MPX-12000 Broadband MRF is based on Radisys’ telecom-grade T-Series platforms which deliver the reliability and scalable capacity essential for cloud deployments.
“Radisys is pleased to publicly announce its MPX-12000 deployment with Zoom and to be working closely with the company as a strategic partner,” said Grant Henderson, vice president, Marketing and Product Management, Radisys. “Radisys has a strong history and market position with conferencing services providers and we value our relationships with innovators such as Zoom that are helping redefine and shape the market for multimedia conferencing services. Zoom’s easy-to-consume, cloud-based conferencing service leverages our latest media processing platform, resulting in a superior user experience, improved economics and advanced features such as support for WebRTC and VoLTE.”
About the MPX-12000
Radisys’ MPX-12000 is an advanced real-time media processing platform used by telecommunication service providers and innovative value-added service providers. It provides the scalable IP media processing required for Voice and Video over LTE, HD audio and video conferencing, and a broad range of mobile value-added services (VAS). The MPX-12000:
- Supports narrow and wideband audio codecs, including Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) for Voice over LTE endpoints, G.722 for Voice over Wi-Fi, and Opus for WebRTC-based services
- Supports industry standard video codecs including H.264, VP8, H.263 and MPEG-4 mobile video, allowing operators and conferencing service providers to offer scalable video VAS applications and extend HD video conferencing from enterprise locations to remote mobile participants
- Offers standards-based interfaces for rapid deployment and integration
- Is based on a proven fault-resilient architecture
- Delivers industry-leading capacities for HD audio, video streaming, mobile HD video conferencing, and IP to IP transcoding
- Provides dramatic Total Cost of Ownership advantages when compared to traditional TDM platforms used in IN, AIN and legacy enhanced services
- Is based on Radisys’ MPX Operating Software (MPX-OS), enabling customers such as Zoom to deploy both the MPX-12000 and Radisys’ virtualized software MRF interchangeably as their deployment needs dictate
Radisys RSYS, +2.79% is a market leader enabling wireless infrastructure solutions for telecom, aerospace and defense applications. Radisys’ market-leading MRF (Media Resource Function) and T-Series Virtualized Platforms coupled with Trillium software, services and market expertise enable customers to bring their products to market faster with lower investment and risk. Radisys technology is used in a wide variety of 3G & 4G / LTE mobile network applications including: small cell Radio Access Networks (RAN), wireless core network elements, deep packet inspection (DPI) and policy management equipment; conferencing and multimedia services including voice, video and data, as well as commercial offerings for network applications that support the aerospace and defense markets.
Zoom, the cloud meeting company, unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group chat into a single easy-to-use collaboration platform. Founded by ex-Cisco and WebEx engineers, over 20,000 global businesses deploy Zoom across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, ZoomPresence and H.323/SIP room systems.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Director of Marketing
Ray Adensamer, +1-604-918-6318